Monday 5 April 2010

My 2nd blog - that Brum game

Okay, now I have slept, here are my thoughts about yesterday's game.

First off, no top team has beated Birmingham at St Andrews - as Rafa would say "FACT"

Having said that, we looked tired - not surprising after last week's 10 men game against a very dirty Benfica and terrible referee.

However, I can't believe all the abuse Rafa is getting about substituting Torres.

Torres was not playing well - nothing was really being created.

When Ngog came on we created about 5-6 good chances - the fact that everyone is slating Ngog for missing about 3 sitters proves that chances were being created.

Watching the match on the net, I was tutting, sighing and holding my head in my hands after Torres went off - but not because he went off, but because we had so many chances to win the game comprehensively - we were by far the better team towards the end.

Don't get me wrong, I love Torres, and would always chose him over Ngog - but he didn't look at his best - and I believe Rafa made the right move - unfortunately it didn't quite pay off.

I suppose one upside, is that everyone is forgetting to slate Lucas!!

Anyway, I still believe 4th is a possibility, albeit now a very slight one.
It's Man City's place to lose.

Enough of my waffling, hope you agree or at least this adds positively to the latest arguements

Bev
#YNWA

2 comments:

  1. Have you not noticed the correlation between lucas playing, and our defensive negative football? Aquilani is miles better, but crocked all the time.

    I agreed with the torres substitution, he was kicked about on thursday and needs a bit of a rest. He didn't look sharp at all. But Ngog has proven he cannot hit a barn door from 2 feet. We need to try either Kuyt or Pacheco up front instead to replace Nando when he's on the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me started on Lucas - he was an attacking midfielder, and when allowed he gets us free kicks/penalties - remember???
    Unfortunately, we got Insua thinking he's a striker, and same goes for Carra - at least Lucas recognises someone has to defend!!

    Unfortunately Ngog is still young & should have scored at least 1 of his chances - like Babel too - can't believe he hit the side netting

    We just haven't got the depth in our squad, but I absolutely refuse to lay all the blame on Lucas & all the negative comments especially on Twitter really p**s me off

    So c'mon everyone, get behind ALL of the team - they're all we've got until them damn yanks get their chequebooks out!

    ReplyDelete